Lifestyle

My Top 5 Ways To Get Motivated To Workout

January 17, 2015
My Top 5 Ways To Get Motivated To Workout  #classpass #burnthis

Good morning my loves,

Are you a sporty person, do you love to workout? I’ve never been a fitness girl, for me fitness was just kind of torture. A few years ago, I was quite weak, mostly freezing and unmotivated. I’d love to share with you guys what motivates me and why fitness now plays an important role in my life.

A few days ago I talked to my mom per skype – she lives in Germany and how you probably already know I’ve been living here in Seattle for a year. Anyway, my mom asked me how my cycling class was going? I told her, it was great, challenging, and I also said that during classes I had some problems with my breath – My guess it I’m just approaching a cold.
What did my mom answer? Aww, don’t worrie, you are not sick, you just don’t have sufficient endurance! That was a sad answer πŸ™ I really got a cold for one week, but yeahh, this ist how my family and friends pictured me πŸ™ Sad but true.
I mean it was true, but two years ago I started working out in a gym and since two months I’m with ClassPass. Since that I’m feeling much stronger, and my body started to change in a positive way, I cannot believe how happy I am! I just wanted to tell you, I was the most unsporty person ever, and my coordination, OMG, towards zero!

These are my top 5 drivers for motivation:

1) Try different workouts and training programms

Usually on Sundays I do reservations of classes for the whole week, barre, pilates, trx, cycling. I book my classes though ClassPass. I already posted about my experience with them, if you want, you can read my ClassPass Review.

I never get bored when taking different classes, I love the diversity and maybe it sounds crazy but when I book a class in advance I don’t get tempted to cancel it, so that I can easier reach my goals πŸ˜‰My Top 5 Ways To Get Motivated To Workout  #classpass #burnthis

2) BurnThis

Do you know what else motivated me? BurnThis! I’m addicted to this new fitness app. It lets me post photos and see workouts, tips and inspirational images of others.
When I take a look at the apps wall, OMG, there are lots of motivated, talented people. Everybody works hard to get their personal goals, you can see all the shapes and we all have the same goal, we choose to live healthy. My favorite quote that I read a lot: “Strong is the new skinny!”
I also really love to see what they people eat, what classes they take, what tips they have and the coolest thing is, that they are lots of fitness trainers you can directly and easily get in contact with. I’m impressed <3
Sign up if you want to and let me know your nickname so that we can follow each other to stay motivated and reach our fitness goals! http://burnthis.com

My Top 5 Ways To Get Motivated To Workout  #classpass #burnthis

3) Cute working-out clothings

Do you like to wear popping colors? I love them, especially when I workout, they somehow make me feel more motivated πŸ˜‰ I guess shiny workout clothes make you look lively.
Yesterday I purchased socks in neon yellow and pink which match with my tops hehe πŸ™‚ I already know what is my next buy, pink Nike shoes πŸ™‚

My Top 5 Ways To Get Motivated To Workout  #classpass #burnthis

4) Fitbit

I love my Fitbit, it’s super easy to use, it can track a lot of things like taken steps, burned calories,Β  traveled distance and it lets you check your progress via phone or web. I guess it can motivate to walk more πŸ™‚
You can also enter your meals, how much water you drink or what your weight goal is.

My Top 5 Ways To Get Motivated To Workout  #classpass #burnthis #fitbit

5) Small realistic goals and one bigger goal

It’s important to have some small realistic goals and one bigger goal. My first goals were to drink more water and to eat clean. Now my goals are to work out 4 times a week, to loose some body fatΒ  and to define my abs. My bigger goal is to try aerial yoga. I actually can’t wait to try this one, but first I have to get a stronger core, and more strenght. This my big goal, what are your goals guys?

Conclusion

I’m really thankful for all the amazing classes and especially that ClassPass and BurnThis support me achieving all my fitness goals and actually even more. It’s hard to describe it, but I woke up in the morning so happy and exited, can’t wait to try new classes or just to improve myself at my favorits studios.

The first thing I usually do in the morning, is to check my BurnThis App to get my motivation for the day! I’ve never had this amazing feeling, I’m so happy and thankfull! Thank you Jess for letting me know about ClassPass and thank you Monica and Anna for the BurnThis App <3

If you are interested in becoming a ClassPass member, this week ClassPass is doing a promotion: when you sign up you get $50!
You must be a new customer and purchase using this link byΒ  1/18/15:

After 1/18/15 you can skip the wait list if you sign up here.

If you have any questions or if you want to try a class with me at one of the studios, let me know in the comments below. Or if you already have an account on BurnThis App, let me know and we can follow each other πŸ™‚

Hope to see you around

xoxo :*

You Might Also Like

20 Comments

• Reply Serene Kurd January 17, 2015 at 11:53 am

Love your motivational tips πŸ™‚ !!!

Serene xoxo

• Reply Lara January 17, 2015 at 5:21 pm

Thank you so much Serene :* Have a great weekend! xoxo

• Reply Paulina January 17, 2015 at 7:32 pm

I guess new year screams for some changes… therefore I should try some of your tips and move my butt! I myself am a not so sporty person and it's high time to do something about it. Thank You for this post.

Paulina

• Reply Lara January 19, 2015 at 12:11 am

From time to time, we all need a shot of motivation and inspiration πŸ™‚ Thank you so much :* I can't believe how good I feel after working out πŸ™‚ Have a great day beautiful lady! :*

• Reply Rosa Mimmino Styleyourselfinstyle January 17, 2015 at 10:06 pm

That's very interesting, and a great motivation!! Hope I will become like you!!

Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

• Reply Lara January 18, 2015 at 11:21 pm

aww, you are so cute, thank you so much :* xoxo

• Reply MeMe Books January 18, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Really great tips, I did a post like this on my blog too, check it out sometime.

Meme xx

http://thedayinthelifeofmexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/ (Hope to see you around on my blog <3)

• Reply Lara January 18, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Hi Meme, thanks for stopping by πŸ™‚ Can't wait to read your post πŸ™‚
      have a great day, xoxo

• Reply Marija Stojkovska January 20, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Awesome post, thanks for sharing :))
    Check out my new post
    xoxo

• Reply Lara January 29, 2015 at 1:30 am

Thank you so much Marija! xoxo

• Reply Julia Hasch January 21, 2015 at 7:08 pm

I tried to stay motivated through an app.. I think it was called something with PumpUp or something. But that never worked for me.. I always get bored.. I should start go to gym soon…
    I loved your post! And I can see that you feel so good! Can't wait to feel the same! Kisses!

• Reply Lara January 29, 2015 at 1:37 am

hehe πŸ™‚ I try to motivate myself πŸ™‚ This is my third try, back in Germany I paid twice for one year gym membership but I've been there just 1-2 months πŸ™
      Have a great day beauty! xoxo

• Reply Valerie Hansen January 26, 2015 at 7:24 am

Great post Lara… You look darling in the Neon.., We will meet up soon … Sorry had to change it Can't wait to try the app!

• Reply Lara January 29, 2015 at 1:43 am

Thank you Valerie, please don't worry about that! Hope to see you soon πŸ™‚ And do you like the app? πŸ™‚

• Reply Kerrie Mitchell January 30, 2015 at 8:26 pm

Girl, you have no idea how helpful I found this post. Seriously, I was about to skip out on the gym tonight but thanks to you I'm determined to get my tush over there. Thanks love and neon on!

K.xo

• Reply Marija Stojkovska February 2, 2015 at 9:03 am

Helpful post, thanks for sharing
    Check out my new post
    xoxo

• Reply Wanjiru Ng'ethe February 8, 2015 at 11:02 am

nice post πŸ™‚

• Reply Nicole Simonetti February 9, 2015 at 2:07 pm

Love this – the cute work out clothes are my go-to to get me up and moving. Definitely looking into the Burn This app. Thanks for sharing, love! x

• Reply Shaira Manalo February 13, 2015 at 2:33 am

What really motivated me to work-out are my outfits! haha. Plus I'm the biggest in class before and I became very conscious. Great post!You look fit already!

Have a nice day, Lara! πŸ™‚

xoxo,
    SHAIRA

• Reply Super Red March 28, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Many private fitness clubs are closing now, Everyone talks about joining Class Pass instead, I feel bad for the fitness clubs, they try so hard

Membership is a very important part of a fitness club, they need paying regular members to exist, some exercisers go to the club more often than others, and they need the money from all regular payers I dont like that every private club gives you a "pressured talk to join" now when you show up with a Class Pass, they guilt you One trainer said that unless my local fitness club gets 4 members for everyone they lose due to Class Pass that they will be closing and this is happening too fast I hope my neighborhood fitness club survives as we have good trainers who work hard already for low commissions