Hi guys, today I’ll show you how to grow your audience through a subscriber popup. This will be the first part of a three tutorial series. In the second part I’ll show you how to make a regular-custom subscriber newsletter and in the last part of the series it will be about creating an automatic newsletter with RSS.
If you want to bring your blog to the next level, to grow your audience then I hardly recommend you a popup subscriber box. I experienced for myself that a sidebar solution didn’t really brought me subscribers, but a box that popping up worked really good. It’s really worth to try it out!
In WordPress, you have a ton of plugins to create these popup boxes, but for Blogger options seem to be limited. This option what I’ll show you works really good on Blogger, I tested it on my blogger account and you’ll be surprised how easy it is!
Let’s get started!
1) Create a Mailchimp account.
2) Create a new list (here you’ll find your future subscribers).
3) Go to your created list and click on ‘Signup forms’ and then select ‘subscriber popup’.
4) Now you can create and design your popup form. You can choose different layouts, different fonts, colors and you can also insert a pic. Actually pretty awesome!
5) When you are finished, click on the ‘generate code’ button and copy the provided code.
6) Your last step is to insert your copied code to your blogger account.
Go to blogger –> Layout –> add a Gadget –> paste your code into the content.
Don’t forget to save all the arrangements!
Now, your visitors will see your popup box and don’t worry you’ll not bother anyone with it. What I mean is: If your visitors closed the window of that box or have subscribed already, then the popup form will not show up again, unless they clear their browser cache.
Now that you have your subscriber popup box set up, you’ll get email addresses of your subscribers into the Mailchimp list you created at the beginning. Now you are ready to send your newsletters!
I’d love to show you guys how to create and design a newsletter in my second part of these three series tutorial! Stay tuned!
Do you guys use popup subscriber boxes?